“But to each one of us grace was given according to the measure of Christ’s gift.” (Ephesians 4:7, NKJV)
Paul in this chapter of Ephesians writes to the Christians in that city reminding them that each person has a spiritual gift given by God and they are expected by God to use their gifts. Paul lets them and us know that the gifts are given for the benefit and profit of all God’s people.
1. Do you know that as a child of God through Jesus Christ you too have a spiritual gift?
2. Knowing that you have a spiritual gift, a gift from God that has been given specifically to you for you to bless others as you use it, should cause you to have a sense of self confidence and self-worth.
3. Do you know that you are valuable to God and others because you have something that blesses others?
4. You should feel important and necessary because others may have the same gift but no one can do what you do, like you can do it.
5. You are responsible for how you use your gift. Remember, the Kingdom is depending on you. If you fail to use your gift or fail to use it properly, the Kingdom and others suffer.
No matter how you see others progressing in using their gifts and talents, don’t ever forget YOU TOO HAVE SOMETHING TO GIVE.