"For You are my rock and my fortress; Therefore, for Your name’s sake, Lead me and guide me." (Psalm 31:3, NKJV)
This is a beautiful Psalm penned by David, expressing his trust and dependence upon God. David actually prays to God reminding God of who He is and has been in David’s life. David states that God is his "rock" expressing stability and his "fortress" meaning protection and covering.
Take a few moments and think about what God has been, and who God is to you. Now acknowledge Him and give Him the praise for being that in the past, and what you know He will be in your present and future.
1. We know God by experience and revelation.
2. What are your experiences with God?
3. How has He brought you out of tough situations in the past?
4. Do you know for certain that it was He who made a way for you?
5. Have you acknowledged and praised Him lately just for saving your soul?
Think about these questions as David did, and tell Him and others, WHO HE IS TO YOU!