“Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us,” (Ephesians 3:20, NKJV)
This is one of those verses of scripture that most Christians know and quote often. If you do not know, let me assure you, our God is “able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think.” The old preacher would raise his voice and shout, “HEEEE’S ABLE!” God is able.
Yet, while most people know the first part of the verse, they either forget or neglect to mention the concluding part of this text, “according to the power that works in us.” Truly God is able to do more than we can ask or think. But God does so according to what is working “IN” us. In other words, if you want to see the manifestation of God working in your life, you must have the right things working in you.
1. Do you have the right qualities working in you?
2. Is love working in you? Love for others is a directly related to your love for God.
3. Do you have faith working in you? God does not work through doubt.
4. Do you have forgiveness working in you? Before God blesses you He bids you forgive those who have trespassed against you.
5. Is your life one of order and respect for those who are in authority? God blesses those whose lives are in order with His Word and His will.
Everybody wants to experience the “exceedingly abundantly above all,” But the question is, do we have the right stuff working in you that you might qualify and receive the “above all.” The question you must ask and answer in order to receive the “above all we (you) ask or think” is, WHAT’S WORKING IN ME!