"For you were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Walk as children of light." (Ephesians 5:8, NKJV)
Paul tells us in this verse that we must walk or live our lives as children of light. We know Jesus is the light of the world. We are the children of God through Jesus Christ. Therefore, because He is the light of the world, we who are His children ought to shine in the world as Jesus did.
Walking as children of light means we will illuminate the way for others. People should be able to look at our lives as a witness as to how to find the way to the abundant life in Jesus and godliness. Our lives ought to light the way for others to see that in times of darkness and destruction our God always makes a way.
1. Is the light of your light shining so that others can see Jesus in you?
2. Do you know that light shines brightest in the darkest of times?
3. Do you understand the importance of shining in these times of darkness and despair?
4. Is your life lighting the way for others to see how to get to God?
5. Does your life provide security and direction for someone else to navigate their way through life?
Remember, Jesus is the light of the world. As His offspring we must WALK AS CHILDREN OF LIGHT!