“Then Jesus returned in the power of the Spirit to Galilee, and news of Him went out through all the surrounding region. And He taught in their synagogues, being glorified by all.” (Luke 4:14&15, NKJV)
Yesterday I shared with you that many times after a great “high” experience with God, we are immediately faced with a wilderness experience where we are both tempted and tested. The verses presented here tell us what happened to Jesus after His forty days in the wilderness. Luke informs us that after the forty days ended, Jesus, “returned in the power of the Spirit.” Notice, prior to the wilderness, Jesus was “filled with the Holy Spirit.” But after the wilderness, Jesus returns in the “power” of the Spirit. The power only came after the wilderness.
1. Many people want the power of the Holy Spirit but are not willing to go through the wilderness.
2. In order to receive “the power of the Spirit” you have to not only go through the wilderness but you have to pass the tests and overcome the temptations of the wilderness. Can you and are you passing the test right now?
3. Do you know that you do not qualify for the power of the Holy Spirit until you submit to being “led” by the Holy Spirit?
4. Jesus returned in the “power of the Spirit” to do the work of God. There is no need to have the power if you are not willing to do the work.
5. Are you willing to be led into the wilderness? Can you endure the tempting and testing of the wilderness? Being led by the Spirit and enduring its challenges are the only way the world will ever witness you RETURNING WITH POWER!