“His lord said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant; you were faithful over a few things, I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of your lord.” (Matthew 25:21, NKJV)
Jesus puts forth this parable of the talents to show His followers that faithfulness is the key to promotion. Most of us know the parable. The master has three servants of which he gives talents. To one servant he gives five talents. To another, he gives two talents, to another, one talent. The servants that received the five and the two talents doubled their master’s income. The servant that received the one talent, “hid” his master’s talent and only brought back what he had received with no interest. For his poor stewardship, what he had was taken away. The two who were faithful in the use of their master’s resources, because of their faithfulness over the “few things,” were reward with “many things.” This too is the key to our promotion.
1. Do you desire promotion? If so you must be faithful over “the few things” God has already entrusted into your care.
2. We are called to be faithful over all that God has given us, such as our time, our individual gifts and talents, our financial resources, and even the people that God places in our lives.
3. Would you say you are and have proven to be faithful over what God has put in your care or are you like the servant that “hid” his master’s goods?
4. When we are faithful in our dealings with the “few things” God has provided, He then will entrust us with the “many things” we desire.
5. Everyone desires promotion and fruitfulness in their lives, but the word of God in this parable teaches us the lesson PROMOTION COMES TO THE FAITHFUL!