“So the people shouted when the priests blew the trumpets. And it happened when the people heard the sound of the trumpet, and the people shouted with a great shout, that the wall fell down flat.” (Joshua 6:20, NKJV)
This verse of scripture is taken from the account of Joshua and Israel’s battle over the city of Jericho. As the scripture informs us, Israel was to march around the walls of Jericho six days, one time per day. On the seventh day, they were to march around seven times and on the seventh time shout because God was giving them the city. As this verse tells us, the priest did blow the trumpets and Israel shouted and the “wall fell down flat.”
The walls of Jericho were erected to keep all enemies out. Yet those same walls cause the inhabitance to be locked in. You see walls can either protect you or they can imprison you.
1. Are there walls up before you, hindering you from going in to some blessing or imprisoning you from getting out?
2. As I stated in yesterday’s POINTS TO PONDER, maybe the walls are standing, not because God has not moved, but because you haven’t.
3. The walls of Jericho fell not because of the sound of the trumpets blown by the priest, but because of the obedience of Israel following the commands of God to march and on the seventh day shout. Decide today that you are going to live your life in complete obedience to God’s word. Make a decision to follow every dictate and direction of the Holy Spirit.
4. Jesus has already overcome every enemy and hinderance you might come up against. Therefore every blessings and battle is already won on your behalf.
5. Do not allow anything to hinder you from receiving what is yours, impede your progress or stop you from reaching your destiny.
Declare it today and act on it. “No longer will I be held back or locked within IT’S TIME FOR THE WALLS TO FALL!”