GIVE TO THE POOR
"He who gives to the poor will not lack, But he who hides his eyes will have many curses." (Proverbs 28:27, NKJV)
One thing we must all take seriously and be on the lookout for is the opportunity to minister to the needs of the less fortunate. In these times when there are so many hurting, impoverished, and in need, we must remember the words of the sixteenth century preacher, John Bradford, "There but for the grace of God, go I.” Jesus, reminded us, when the woman with the alabaster box anointed his head with the oil, "The poor you will have with you always." What Jesus was saying to us is that there will always be an opportunity to help someone else.
Solomon, who was one of the wisest and wealthiest persons who ever lived, gives us the benefit of his experience and wisdom in this verse. He informs us that when we give to those in need, we intern will have no lack. Conversely, when we look the other way to the needy, we bring a curse of lack upon ourselves. Giving is the key to having.
1. Are you a giver? Some only think of themselves and in turn are always in need.
2. Are you one who turns away those in need or one who shows compassion and concern for those who may be less fortunate.
3. Can God trust that if He blesses you, you will in turn be a blessing to others.
4. Do you really understand the words of John Bradford when he stated, "There but for the grace of God, go I?” Do you really know that if it had not been for the grace and mercy of God you too could be in need of someone giving to you?
5. Are you one who understands the necessity to GIVE TO THE POOR?