“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; Before you were born I sanctified you . . .” (Jeremiah 1:5, NKJV)
This verse is the Word of God to Jeremiah upon God’s call of him to be a prophet to the nation of Israel. We see in Jeremiah’s call that he felt strong feelings of low self-esteem and inadequacy. He responds to the call by telling God, “Lord, Behold, I cannot speak, for I am a youth.” But God assured him that he is more than qualified to do what God was calling him to do, because he was “sanctified” or “set apart from the beginning,” to do just as God directed.
1. Do you, like Jeremiah, suffer with negative thoughts and feelings about yourself and your abilities?
2. Do you, because of things said to you or about you in the past, have feelings of inadequacy and low self-esteem?
3. Do you know that these thoughts and feelings are a trick from the enemy to keep you from being who God called and ordained for you to be?
4. Many people do not experience the abundant life Jesus promised, not because God has not given it, but because they are too afraid to go after it. They believe they will not worthy or capable to achieving or success.
5. You must know whatever dream and vision God has given you for your life, whatever the assignment, is achievable if you go after it, because you were SET APART FOR SUCCESS.