“Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct your paths.” (Proverbs 3:5&6)
Solomon’s instruction to the children of God are given from his many years of life experiences. Solomon is believed to be an elder when he pens the books of Proverbs and Ecclesiastes. He, in these two books, shares with us the benefits of his wisdom from the mistakes and success of his life and others. He tells us in these two verses to “trust in the Lord with all your heart . . . He shall direct our paths.”
1. Do you trust God? I mean completely trust Him even though you do not understand what He is or is not doing?
2. Do you really believe that God both knows and does what’s best for you?
3. Do you believe and know that His love for you is everlasting and He desires what’s best for you, even if He allows you to suffer some pain or tragedy?
4. As an exercise and to build your faith, name or list some times when you trusted God, even when you did not understand Him, and He worked the situation out for your good.
5. Do you know and really believe that if God worked it out for you in the past, He can and will work things out for you in your future?
You may not always understand it but follow the wisdom of Solomon and JUST TRUST GOD!