"Then the Lord said to Satan, “Have you considered My servant Job, that there is none like him on the earth, a blameless and upright man, one who fears God and shuns evil? And still he holds fast to his integrity . . . Then his wife said to him, “Do you still hold fast to your integrity?" (Job 2:3 & 9, NKJV)
Most of us know the story of Job. The Middle Eastern man who, in one day, lost all ten of his children and all of his earthly wealth. A few days later he suffered a severe physical attack, which left him, as the custom was for that time with anyone who was grieving and in pain, sitting in sackcloth and ashes. Yet, after all Job went through, even God testified that he "holds fast to his integrity."
The word integrity is defined as "a concept of consistency of actions, values, methods, measures, principles, expectations, and outcomes." (Wikipedia) The test that Job endured was an attack by Satan to get him to be inconsistent in his love, worship and trust in God. Satan attempted, through trial, to get Job to abandon his values and the principles he lived by and had taught his family. Yet, in all that Satan did, Job still maintained his integrity.
1. Would you say you are A PERSON OF INTEGRITY?
2. Are you a person who is consistent in action, values, methods, measures, principles, expectations and outcomes?
3. Can and would God testify of your integrity as He did of Job’s in that when you go through the worst of times you still honor, trust and worship God?
4. Those who are people of integrity are the same no matter what or who comes along. The don’t waver, flinch or draw back when the winds of opposition begin to blow.
5. There are too many who talk a good game and are bold in the hypothetical, but what God and people need to see, is someone who is A PERSON OF INTEGRITY.